Blog Breakdown

RETIRED, SEE YA!
Music video blog that also includes video, audio, and interactive media. You'll find some reviews and recommendations from the underground of the entertainment world, covering music, film, gaming, and more.
Rummaging through the interweb since 2010

06 July, 2011

Twenty Girls, Twenty Songs

1. See Emily Play by Pink Floyd



"Emily tries, but misunderstands. She's often inclined to borrow somebody's dreams till tomorrow"







2. Lily by Smashing Pumpkins


"Lily, my one and only. I can hardly wait till I see her"









3. Rosalyn by David Bowie



"When I'm holding you so tight, it's so hard to say goodnight"

See also: Roslyn by Bon Iver featuring St. Vincent





4. Lucy in the Sky by The Beatles



"Somebody calls you, you answer quite slowly. A girl with kaleidoscope eyes"







5. Christine by Siouxsie & The Banshees



"Christine, the strawberry girl. Banana-split lady"








6. Mary Ann by Ray Charles





"Oh Mary Ann, you look so fine"






7. Guinnevere by Crosby, Stills & Nash



"Guinnevere had green eyes, like yours, milady, like yours"







8. Lovely Rita by The Beatles



"Lovely Rita, meter maid, where would I be without you? Give us a wink and make me think of you"







9. Marba Al Dalaal by Ziad Rahbani



"يا ريتك كنتي شفتي شو قال، ابوكي"








10. Suzie Q by Creedence Clearwater Revival



"I like the way you walk, I like the way you talk, Suzie Q"








11. Layla by Eric Clapton



"Got me on my knees, Layla. Begging darling, please"








12. Melody Day by Caribou



"Melody day what have I done? Now our hearts are locked up tight again"






13. Hazey Jane by Nick Drake



"Do you feel like a remnant of something that's past. Do you find things are moving, just a little too fast"






14. Jessica by Kaki King



"Jessica says she'll wait for me. I'll be eighteen when she is turning twenty-three"







15. For Emma by Bon Iver



"With all your lies, still very lovable"








16. Valerie by The Mothers of Invention



"Although you don't want me no more. Oh but it's alright, it's alright with me"

See Also: Valerie by Mark Ronson featuring Amy Winehouse




17. Stephanie Says by The Velvet Underground



"Stephanie says, when answering the phone. What country shall I say is calling from across the world?"






18. Shelia by Atlas Sound



"Shelia, you'll be my wife, you'll share my life"








19. O Caroline by Matching Mole


"I love you still, Caroline"









20. Sweet Jane by The Velvet Underground


"Everyone who ever had a heart, they wouldn't turn around and break it"

8 comments:

  1. Very nice post, YouTubing all haha..
    You should've included Lyla for Oasis as well, but you already put one for them I guess so...

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Arek Dakessian Thanks mate :) I'm glad you like it. There's nothing here by Oasis but there's a Layla, best version I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I read the title I was waiting to see Jessica! I love your great taste in music ^^

    - tara

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Anonymous Haha :) of course you were. Thanks Tara!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What about Eleanor Rigby, by the Beatles? That's a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Anonymous Yep, Eleanor Rigby is a pretty cool tune! But we figured we didn't want a Beatles overload, what with Lucy in the Sky & Lovely Rita already on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beth by Kiss

    ReplyDelete
  8. Roxanne - The Police
    Barbara Ann - Beach Boys

    ReplyDelete