Blog Breakdown

RETIRED, SEE YA!
Music video blog that also includes video, audio, and interactive media. You'll find some reviews and recommendations from the underground of the entertainment world, covering music, film, gaming, and more.
Rummaging through the interweb since 2010

04 May, 2011

10 Awesome Movie Quotes

1. Fight Club
Narrator [final line]: "You met me at a very strange time in my life."

2. Withnail & I
Danny: "I don't advise a haircut, man. All hairdressers are in the employment of the government. Hairs are your aerials. They pick up signals from the cosmos, and transmit them directly into the brain. This is the reason bald-headed men are uptight."


3. The Big Lebowski
The Dude: "I hate the fucking Eagles, man."


4. Manhattan
Diane Keaton: "You don't need a male. I mean, two mothers are absolutely fine."
Woody Allen: "Really? Because I always feel very few people survive one mother."


5. Whatever Works
Boris: "The human race. They've had to install automatic toilets in public restrooms, because people can't be entrusted to flush a toilet."


6. Waking Life
"The powers that be want us to be passive observers. Hey, you got a match? And they haven't given us any other options outside the occasional, purely symbolic, participatory act of voting. "You want the puppet on the right, or the puppet on the left?" I feel the time has come to project my own inadequacies and dissatisfaction into the socio-political and scientific schemes. Let my own lack of a voice be heard." [douses himself in gasoline and sets himself on fire]


7. Sunset Boulevard
Norma Desmond: "I am big. It's the pictures that got small."


8. Mulholland Drive
Luigi Castigliane (the espresso man): "Napkin!"


9. Jackie Brown
Ordell: "You know you smoke too much of that shit, that shit gonna rob you of your own ambition." 
Melanie: "Not if your ambition is to get high and watch TV."


10. Pulp Fiction
Vincent: "Want some bacon?
Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.
Vincent: Are you Jewish?
Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
Vincent: Why not?
Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.
Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherfucker. Pigs sleep and root in shit. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.
Jules: I don't eat dog either.
Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way."

5 comments:

  1. Great list! Now to go watch Pulp Fiction for the hundredth time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forget her.She's a predator posing as a house pet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Anonymous Hehe :) very good, Fight Club. And you're right I should have put in "I am the Walrus?!"
    But don't worry, Donny will have his own feature in an upcoming post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is very good!I love!Great list!

    ReplyDelete